Hi! My name’s Sandra.
While this is my first blog, I’ve loved to read and write since I was a young girl. I remember being six years old and spending hours and hours reading books at Barnes and Noble and checking out stacks of library books that would last me about a week. I loved the Babysitter’s Club series, Ramona Quimby, Junie B. Jones, any and all of the Wayside School books, anything written by Judy Blume, etc. I could go on and on about the books that I loved to read. I have such fond memories of these books even today. I think the first time I really recognized myself as a writer was when I was in the 4th grade. I had written a short story about my entire 4th grade class going on a field trip to a ranch and us getting locked in a barn. I remember reading the short story aloud in class and everyone bursting into laughter. They weren’t laughing at me, but they were laughing at this ridiculous, yet funny story I had written. I then learned that writing can make people laugh. It can make people think. Writing can give the reader a new perspective- a chance to see something from someone else’s shoes.
I think that reading and writing are such great outlets and I hope that in reading this blog, you too feel inspired to do what makes you happy, to do the thing that you are most passionate about. If anything else, I hope this blog makes you smile and evokes good energy. Happy reading!
Here are some fun (and some not-so fun) facts about me!
1. I make my bed every single morning. Yup, every. single. morning. Even if I overslept and am running late. It’s just part of my morning routine and I would feel weird not doing it.
2. I like to cook, but I’m really good at burning toast. Don’t ask about that one. Let’s just accept it and move on…
3. I can’t park. Parallel parking, regular parking, parking in parking garages, parking in compact spaces.. Ugh. I don’t like parking. I wish I could hire someone who would accompany me every time I got in my car and then they could just park my car for me.
4. Sometimes, I wish Lizzie McGuire was my best friend. I understand that she’s a fictional character, but I need a friend like Lizzie in my life.
5. I’m not entirely sure that I feel “ready” to have a blog and maybe this isn’t something I should admit, but I think that in life, sometimes you have to do things before you feel ready. If I waited until I was fully ready to have a blog.. the year might be 2028 and blogging might be a thing of the past. :p